The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is currently operating 2 permits, the 2019 permit for dockless scooters through March 31, 2020 and the 2020 permit for dockless bikes. The eight dockless scooter operators to operate approximately 5,000 dockless bikes and scooters across the District until March 31, 2020. The two bike operators will be permitted to provide a combined 5,000 dockless bikes across the District. These permitted companies are required by the District to administer programs that reduce the barriers to accessing dockless vehicles, regardless of income.
Companies in both programs have Low-Income Customer Plans to make the system accessible to residents, regardless of income. Residents interested in the program should sign up with the individual companies.
- Free unlimited 30-minute trips
- Participants should contact individual operators for information and to sign up
- Program is available to those who meet the following criteria:
- A single person making less than $24,980/year.
- A family of four where the household income is less than $51,500. (adults 18 years old and over)
How to sign-up:
- Scan or take a picture of any qualification that documents your participation in any state or federally-run assistance program. If you qualify and do not have documentation, contact the company directly.
- Upload or email it to the individual company at the addresses below. Include your full name and phone number (the phone number will be associated with your account.)
*Lime also requires submission of an ID such as a driver’s license.
HelBiz Dockless Bikes:
- Scan or take a photo of any qualification that documents your participation in any low income program run by a local, state, or federal authority.
- Please visit https://tinyurl.com/HelBizLICP to submit the scan or photo of your documents.
Jump Dockless Bikes:
- Scan or take a photo of any qualification that documents your participation in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP)
- Residential Aid Discount (RAD) by Pepco
- Residential Essential Service (RES) by Washington Gas
- Resident of DC Housing Authority property or enrolled in DCHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- If you already have a Jump account, submit the scan or photo of your documentation to the JUMP Help Center webpage.
- If you do not have an account or need assistance signing-up, please visit jump.com/support or https://tinyurl.com/JumpLICPNoAccount and include the words “Boost DC” in your submission.
If you have any questions about the dockless vehicle program or want to share your experience in signing up, we’d love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected].