The DDOT Neighborhood Planning Branch, within the Planning and Sustainability Division (PSD), is tasked with evaluating the impacts of land development actions on the District’s transportation network. These actions include a review of the following applications: Zoning Commission (PUDs, Design Reviews, Campus Plans), Board of Zoning Adjustment, Surveyors Orders (alley closures, new ROW), Large Tract Review, NEPA, Environmental Impact Screening Forms, and the Public Space Committee (curb cuts, streetscapes).
The Development Review Program is led by Aaron Zimmerman, PTP – [email protected]
Guidance for Comprehensive Transportation Review
DDOT developed the Guidance for Comprehensive Transportation Review to provide guidance to the development community regarding site design and transportation analysis requirements for each of the land development application types. Below are the CTR Guidelines, CTR Scoping Form, and a presentation summarizing the CTR Guidelines.
- CTR Guidelines – January 2022 Version 2.0
- CTR Scoping Form – January 2022 Version 2.0
- Traffic Signal Records Request Form – January 2022
- CTR Guidelines – Summary of Changes Presentation 2022 vs 2019
Prior DDOT Research
Since the early 2010s, DDOT has been a national leader in the research of trip generation, off-street parking, and innovations in transportation impact assessment. Each of the studies below has contributed to the industry’s body of knowledge and served as building blocks for the Version 1.0 Guidance for Comprehensive Transportation Review that was released in 2019.
- 2021 - DDOT APBP TIA Innovations Webinar 6.16.21
- 2021 - DDOT CTR Guidelines TRB Annual Meeting Presentation 1.25.21
- 2021 - DDOT TRB Paper - CTR Guidelines Version 2.0
- 2019 - CTR Guidance - June 2019 Version 1.0
- 2019 - DDOT Poster - CTR Guidelines for ITE Annual Meeting
- 2017 - DDOT TRR Report - Multimodal Trip Generation Model to Assess Travel Impacts of Urban Developments
- 2016 - DDOT TRR Report - Estimating Parking Utilization in Multifamily Residential Buildings
- 2015 - DDOT TRB Paper - Estimating Parking Utilization in Multifamily Residential Buildings
- 2015 - DDOT TRB Poster - Predicting Travel Impacts of New Development.pdf
- 2015 - DDOT TRR Report - Methodology to Gather Multimodal Urban Trip Generation Data
- 2015 - DDOT TRR Report - Predicting Travel Impacts of New Development
- 2014 - DDOT TRB Paper - An Innovative Approach for Establishing Vehicular Trip Caps for New Development
- 2013 - DDOT TRB Paper - Transitioning from TIS to CTR Development Review
- 2013 - DDOT TRB Poster - Development Review