FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DDOT Guiderail Repair Schedule for the Week of February 11
(Washington, DC) - The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will temporarily close single lanes on roadways across the District to repair impact attenuators and guiderails.
DDOT will close the following roadways on Monday, February 11 from 9:30 am until 3:00 pm, weather permitting:
- Southbound I-295 at DC Line (Weigh Station) SW ---- right shoulder closure
- Eastbound SW Freeway ramp to US Capitol; SW ---- left lane closure on ramp
- Eastbound SW Freeway ramp to South Capitol St SW ---- right shoulder closure and ramp narrow
DDOT will close the following roadways on Tuesday, February 12, from 9:30 am until 3:00 pm, weather permitting:
- Southbound I-295 ramp to Malcolm X Ave; SE ---- right shoulder closure and ramp narrow
- Southbound I-295 ramp from southbound Overlook Ave SW ---- right shoulder closure & ramp narrow
- Northbound Anacostia Freeway at 11th St Bridge before ½ mile Pennsylvania Avenue SE ---- right shoulder closure
- Westbound New York Avenue at 9th St Bridge NE overpass ---- right lane closure
Traffic controls will be in place to warn drivers approaching the areas. Motorists should anticipate moderate-to-heavy delays due to the lane closures. Drivers are advised to stay alert while traveling through these locations and to be observant of the inspection personnel.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment.