Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


District Department of Transportation

Pavement Markings

crosswalk with yellow left turn hardening

Pavement markings include crosswalk lines, turn arrows, lane dividers and bike lanes. You can request new pavement markings or repairs by calling the Mayor's Citywide Call Center by dialing 311 or completing a service request online using the District government's Service Request Center. Identify the specific location (i.e. address, intersection) and describe what kind of pavement marking maintenance is needed (i.e. faded crosswalk lines, missing turn arrows, damaged lane dividers).

A service request will then be put into the tracking system, and you should receive a service request number.

DDOT's standard is to investigate and respond to pavement marking requests within 75 days.

*NOTE: Requests for "new" pavement markings require investigation, determination and rulemaking. This process could take 4-6 months to complete.

Call the Mayor's Hotline at 311 or (202) 727-1000 if the request hasn't been resolved by the specified time of completion. Please reference your service request number.

Service Need

To request new pavement markings and repairs including crosswalk lines, turn arrows, lane dividers and bike lanes.

Service at a Glance

Provided By: DDOT
Phone: 311
Location: 55 M Street, SE, Suite 400 Washington, DC 20003

Contact Phone: 
(202) 727-1000
Contact TTY: