FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Temporary Lane Closures on I-395/I-695 for the Week of May 4
(Washington, DC)—The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will temporarily close lanes and shoulders on the following roadways to perform construction activities along I-395 for sign structure replacements.
The following lane and shoulder closure will be in place from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., during the week of Monday, May 4, weather permitting. Nightly closures from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. may also be implemented at the following locations as an alternate work period, as needed:
- Single left lane between Maine Avenue SW and 4th Street SW.
- Single left lane between the 9th Street Expressway and Center Leg Freeway.
- Single left lane between the 9th Street Expressway and the12th Street Expressway.
- Up to two left lanes between Center Leg Freeway and the 9th Street Expressway.
- Single right lane between Center Leg Freeway and the 6th Street SW.
- 9th Street Expressway Ramp to I-395 NB / I-695 WB – Signed detour will be in place for closure.
- 9th Street Expressway Ramp to I-395 SB / I-695 EB – Signed detour will be in place for closure.
Vehicles will be detoured for the ramp closures as indicated in the maps below. Notable delays should be expected around the project area and motorists are advised to use an alternative route, if possible.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment.
Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Visit the website at ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.