FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DDOT to Deploy New Automated Traffic Enforcement Cameras
(Washington DC) – Today, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) announces the completion of construction of a new red-light enforcement camera at the Interstate 695 off-ramp (ramp D) at Northbound 11th Street SE. This automated traffic enforcement camera will be installed to reduce the number of angle collisions, red-light running, and improve overall safety at the intersection. The camera will be activated on June 7.
In addition to the red-light camera, DDOT will rotate seven new speed cameras to reduce dangerous, reckless driving in the following corridors:
- 6500 Block of 14th St. NW
- 500 Block of Florida Ave. NE
- 2300 block of N. Capitol St. NE
- 4700 Block of Eastern Ave. NE
- 1300 Block of Eastern Ave. NE
- 3500 Block of Commodore Joshua Barney Dr. NE
- 100 Block of Bryant St. NW
- 1100 Block of 17th St. NE
- 4100 Block of Southern Ave. SE
- 4200 Block of Southern Ave. SE
- 4700 Block of Southern Avenue SE
- 1300 Block of H St. NE
- 200 Block of Massachusetts Ave. NW
For more information about DDOT’s DC Street Safe, visit ddot.dc.gov/page/dc-streetsafe-automated-traffic-enforcement.
The District Department of Transportation's mission is to equitably deliver a safe, sustainable, and reliable multimodal transportation network for all residents and visitors of the District of Columbia.
Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Visit the website at ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.