Work Between Saturday, January 18 and Saturday, February 1, 2020
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2019 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2019 season.For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Military Road NW, between Nebraska Avenue NW and 13th Street NW (Crack Sealing)
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- 15th Street NW, between Constitution Avenue NW and I Street NW
- Van Ness Street NW, between Connecticut Avenue NW and Reno Road NW
- 14th Street NW, between Iowa Avenue NW and Gallatin Street NW
- Iowa Avenue NW, between Emerson Street NW and 14th Street NW
- Intersection of 18th Street NE and Benning Road NE (Bus Stop Improvements)
- D Street NE, between 4th Street NE and 5th Street NE
- 5th Street NE, between D Street NE and E Street NE
- Rosedale Street NE, between 17th Street NE and 16th Street NE
- Isherwood Street NE, between 16th Street NE and 17th Street NE
- R Street SE, between Fort Davis Place SE and Fort Davis Street SE
- Intersection of Good Hope Road SE and Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE (Bus Stop Improvements)
- Intersection of Good Hope Road SE and 14th Street SE (Bus Stop Improvements)
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 2708, bound by Emerson Street NW, Piney Branch Road NW, Delafield Place NW and 15th Street NW
- Square 2644, bound by Varnum Street NW, 18th Street NW, Upshur Street NW and 17th Street NW
- Square 2698, bound by 16th Street NW, Varnum Street NW 15th Street NW and Webster Street NW
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.