Work Between Saturday, February 27 and Saturday, March 13, 2021
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2020 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2020 season.For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Dumbarton Street NW, between 27th Street NW and Dead End
- 48th Street NW, between Tilden Street NW and Upton Street NW
- Van Buren Street NW, between 7th Street NW and 8th Street NW
- Douglas Street NE, between 10th Street NE and 12th Street NE
- Evarts Street NE, between Queens Chapel Road NE and 22nd Street NE
- Crittenden Street NE, between 7th Street NE and 8th Street NE
- Akron Place SE, between 30th Street SE and Dead End
- 54th Place NE, between Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue NE and 55th Street NE
- Blaine Street NE, between 53rd Street NE and 54th Street NE
- 53rd Street NE, between Blaine Street NE and Ames Street NE
- R Street SE, between 25th Street SE and 27th Street SE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting.
- Square 3212, bound by 7th Street NW, Gallatin Street NW, 5th Street NW and Farragut Street NW
- Square 3644, bound by Irving Street NE, Hamlin Street NE, 7th Street NE and 8th Street NE
- Square 4068, bound by Trinidad Avenue NE, Florida Avenue NE, Orren Street NE and Morse Street NE
- Square 3621, bound by 4th Street NE, W Street NE, 5th Street NE and V Street NE
- Square 1049, bound by H Street NE, 14th Street NE and Maryland Avenue NE
- Square 1036S, bound by A Street SE, 14th Street SE and Massachusetts Avenue SE
- Square 5614, bound by Minnesota Avenue SE, 17th Street SE, S Street SE and 18th Street SE
- Square 5954, bound by Raleigh Place SE, Randle Place SE, 7th Street SE and Alabama Avenue SE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.