Work Between Friday, January 13, 2023, to Friday, January 27, 2023
The 2023 Paving Plan is published on the PaveDC website at the start of the construction season. The website also includes separate tabs for sidewalks scheduled for repair and the Alley Restoration Plan for Fiscal Year 2023. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Bladensburg Road NE between 17th Street NE, Mount Olivet Road NE To R Street NE
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- 38th Street NW between Klingle Street NW to Woodley Road NW
- New Hampshire Avenue NW between Shepherd Street NW to Taylor Street NW
- 20th Street NE between Franklin Street NE to Hamlin Street NE
- Lawrence Street NE between 24th Street NE to Hoover Road NE
- 10th Street NE between A Street NE to Constitution Avenue NE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking will be restricted. In emergencies, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting.
- Square No 1987: Alley bound by Nebraska Avenue NW, Nevada Avenue NW, 36th Street NW, Fessenden Street NW, and Connecticut Avenue NW
- Square No 2275: Alley bound by 30th Street, NW, Ellicott Street, NW, 30th Place, NW, and Garrison Street NW
- Square No 0913: Alley bound by Pickford Place, NE, F Street NE, 8th Street NE, and G Street NE
- Square No 1028: Alley bound by Elliott Street, NE, F Street NE, Maryland Avenue NE, G Street NE, and 14th Street NE
- Square No 5554: Alley bound by N Street SE, Fairlawn Avenue SE, Nash Place SE, and Minnesota Avenue SE
- Square No 5652: Alley bound by 30th Street SE, W Street SE, 31st Street SE, and Alabama Avenue SE
Citywide Guardrails and Impact Attenuators Upgrade and Repair
DDOT preventive maintenance and repair of guardrails and impact attenuators will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- North Capitol Street NB at O Street and Service Road and New York Avenue NW
- 14th Street NB at the ramp and EB Maine Avenue SW
- 9th Street SB at ramp and SB I-395 and WB Maine Avenue SW
- I-395 SB at the ramp and EB SE Freeway and ramp and SB South Capitol Street SE
- Kenilworth Avenue NB Between East Capitol Street and Benning Road NE
- Kenilworth avenue Service Road SB at the ramp and NB Kenilworth Avenue NE
Citywide Highway Structure Repair Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring Highway Structures, Preventive maintenance for bridges and other Highway related structures will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Chain Bridge over Potomac River
- Theodore Roosevelt Bridge over the Potomac River
- 14th Street Bridge (Southbound) over Potomac River and Ohio Drive
- Pennsylvania Avenue over Anacostia River, Anacostia Park Drive, M Street, and CSX R.R
- Southwest Freeway over South Capitol Street
- Ramp and Beginning Road over Kenilworth Avenue Southbound
If you live near any project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.