Work Between Saturday, January 11 and Saturday, January 25, 2020
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2019 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2019 season.For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Military Road NW, between Nebraska Avenue NW and 13th Street NW (Crack Sealing)
- I Street SW, between South Capitol Street and 7th Street SW (Crack Sealing)
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- 15th Street NW, between Constitution Avenue NW and I Street NW
- Van Ness Street NW, between Connecticut Avenue NW and Reno Road NW
- Iowa Avenue NW, between Georgia Avenue NW and Buchanan Street NW
- Buchanan Street NW, between 4th Street NW and 5th Street NW
- D Street NE, between 4th Street NE and 5th Street NE
- 5th Street NE, between D Street NE and E Street NE
- Rosedale Street NE, between 17th Street NE and 16th Street NE
- Isherwood Street NE, between 16th Street NE and 17th Street NE
- R Street SE, between Fort Davis Place SE and Fort Davis Street SE
- 28th Street SE, between Pennsylvania Avenue SE and Q Street SE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 5380, Burns Street SE, H Street SE, Gorman Street SE and Adrian Street SE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.