Work Between Saturday, February 15 and Saturday, February 29, 2020
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2019 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2019 season.For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Riggs Road NE, between North Capitol Street and South Dakota Avenue NE (Crack Sealing)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE, between Good Hope Road SE and Howard Road SE (Crack Sealing)
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- 15th Street NW, between Constitution Avenue NW and I Street NW
- Vermont Avenue NW, between Logan Circle NW and R Street NW
- Piney Branch Road NW, between Butternut Street NW and Underwood Street NW
- New Hampshire Avenue NE, between Oneida Street NE and Eastern Avenue NE
- Morse Street NE, between Montello Avenue NE and West Virginia Avenue NE
- R Street NW, between 4th Street NW and 5th Street NW
- 21st Place NE, between Maryland Avenue NE and M Street NE
- Intersection of Michigan Avenue NE and Perry Street NE (Bus Stop Improvements)
- 5th Street NE, between Constitution Avenue NE and C Street NE
- Washington Avenue SW, between Independence Avenue SW and 2nd Street SW
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 2829, bound by 11th Street NW, 13th Street NW, Otis Street NW and Spring Place NW
- Square 0177, bound by T Street NW, 16th Street NW, Swann Street NW and New Hampshire Avenue NW
- Square 2986, bound by Missouri Avenue NW, 9th Street NW and Georgia Avenue NW and Peabody Street NW
- Square 2790, bound by Fort Stevens Drive NW, 13th Street NW, Rittenhouse Street NW and 14th Street NW
- Square 4061N, bound by Levis Street NE, Trinidad Avenue NE, Holbrook Street NE and Queen Street NE
- Square 3755, bound by 7th Street NE, 8th Street NE, Galloway Street NE and Hamilton Street NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.