The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is progressing with the design of the Lane Place Pedestrian Bridge Project. The project will replace and improve a pedestrian crossing over Kenilworth Avenue (DC-295) in Ward 7 near Lane Place NE. The replacement bridge will span across DC-295 and the northbound and southbound service roads. The replacement bridge will comply with DDOT and American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) design standards and meet American with Disability Act (ADA) standards for accessible design. Key improvements include:
- Pedestrian bridge spans over the Kenilworth Avenue (DC-295) service roads, eliminating the previous at-grade pedestrian crossing,
- enhanced lighting on the bridge and bridge access ramps,
- access ramps that meet ADA requirements,
- addition of stairs to provide an alternate method of accessing the bridge,
- increased vertical clearance over the roadway,
- a wider bridge and access ramps.
Rendering of the Proposed Lane Place Pedestrian Bridge
The design phase commenced in late August 2021 and is progressing on an accelerated schedule. The design will be completed in the Summer of 2022.
Date: December 6, 2021
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Attendee Link: https://rebrand.ly/LanePlacePedestrianBridge
Event Number: 2311 574 0273
Event Password: December6!
Dial-in Option (audio only): Call +1-202-860-2110.
Access Code: 2311 574 0273. An Attendee ID is not required; press # to join.
Project Contacts: [email protected], [email protected]