Applications for permits to use or occupy public space can be submitted at our office.
Note: The Permit Office is on the third floor. Applicants must go to the second floor to apply for permits.
Hour of operation are between 8:30 am to 4:15 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Thursday the hours are from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
DDOT has launched an online application called the Transportation Online Permit System (TOPS) which allows users to apply online for public space permits.
Printable copies of the most commonly used applications are also available at Permit Applications for Use in Public Spaces.
Information on Public Space Permits and the Permit Application Process
- Permit Applications for Use in Public Space
- Frequently Asked Questions on Permits
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Public Inconvenience Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Steel Plate Fee
- Frequently Asked Questions about TOPS Oversize/Overweight Vehicle Permits
- How to Obtain a Special Tree Permit
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Occupying Public Space During Construction
- Neighborhood Block Party Permit Requests
- Types of Permits
- Application Submittal Material Specification
- Conditions of Public Space Permits
- Public Space Permit Lookup Tool
- Public Space Permit Fees
- Public Space Permit Fee Calculators
- Pedestrian Safety and Work Zone Standards - Covered and Open Walkways
- Permits and Tags for Oversize and Overweight Vehicle Operation