You can request street/alley light repair services by calling the Mayor's Citywide Call Center at 311 or completing a service request online using the District government's Service Request Center. Please identify the location of the light and the type of pole (i.e. wood, metal) and describe the specific problem (i.e. light out, missing globe, light on continuously).
A service request will be put into the tracking system, and you should receive a service request number.
Scheduled Response Time
- Investigation: 2 days
- Street or alley light bulb replacement: 2-5 working days
- Street or alley photo cell replacement: 2-5 working days
- Day burner: 2-5 working days
- Globe replacement: 2-5 working days
- Dim light because of ballast assembly: 2-5 working days
- Defective fixtures: 30 working days
- No current to light: 15-60 working days
- Replace knockdown pole (new): 45 working days
- Replace knockdown pole (in back log): 180 working days
DDOT's standard is to investigate the problem within 48 hours of the time it is reported. After investigation, residents are notified of the expected date of completion, which depends upon the nature of the problem. Call the Mayor's Hotline at 311or (202) 727-1000 if the problem hasn't been repaired by the specified date of completion. Please reference your service request number.
To provide efficient lighting for pedestrian and vehicular safety in public space.
Service at a Glance
Provided By: DDOT
Location: 55 M Street, SE, Suite 400 Washington, DC 20003