Work Between Saturday, May 18 and Saturday, June 1, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2019 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2019 season.For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- 18th Street NE, between C Street NE and E Street NE
- 16th Street NE, between E Street NE and Rosedale Street NE
- E Street SE, between First Street SE and 2nd Street SE
- Alabama Avenue SE, between Branch Avenue SE and 34th Street SE
- Southern Avenue SE, between Bowen Road SE and Benning Road SE
- Southern Avenue SE, between Southern Avenue SE and Massachusetts Avenue SE
- Fort Dupont Terrace SE, between Nash Street SE and Massachusetts Avenue SE
- East Capitol Street, between Southern Avenue SE and 57th Street SE
- East Capitol Street, between B Street SE and Texas Avenue SE
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- 31st Street NW, between N Street NW and O Street NW
- Delafield Place NW, between 9th Street NW and Georgia Avenue NW
- Kalmia Road NW, between 13th Street NW and Alaska Avenue NW
- Kennedy Street NW, between 3rd Street NW and 4th Street NW
- Bates Street NW, between 1st Street NW and 3rd Street NW
- Holbrook Street NE, between Neal Street NE and Raum Street NE
- Blaine Street NE, between 42nd Street NE and 44th Street NE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 0877, bound by E Street SE, 6th Street SE, G Street SE and 7th Street SE
- Square 1054, bound by D Street NE, 14th Place NE, C Street NE and 15th Street NE
- Square 1054, bound by D Street NE, 14th Street NE, C Street NE and 14th Place NE
- Square 1113, bound by 18th Street SE, Massachusetts Avenue SE, D Street SE and 19th Street SE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.