Work Between Saturday, March 30 and Saturday, April 13, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Lamont Street NW, between Mount Pleasant Street NW and 16th Street NW
- Rosemount Avenue NW, between Klingle Road NW and Dead End
- Mozart Place NW, between Columbia Road NW and Fuller Street NW
- N Street NW, between 17th Street NW and 18th Street NW
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between River Road NW and Harrison Street NW
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Garfield Street NW and Idaho Avenue NW
- Shepherd Road NW, between Longfellow Street NW and 5th Street NW
- First Street NE, between R Street NE and Dead End
- 5th Street NE, between Constitution Avenue NE and A Street NE
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Albemarle Street NW and Nebraska Avenue NW
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Veazey Terrace NW and Upton Street NW
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 3734, bound by 6th Street NE, Eastern Avenue NE, Oglethorpe Street NE and Oneida Place NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.