Work Between Saturday, March 23 and Saturday, April 6, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- 11th Street NW, between T Street NW and U Street NW
- Intersection of T Street NW and Florida Avenue NW
- N Street NW, between 17th Street NW and 18th Street NW
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Chesapeake Street NW and Harrison Street NW
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Girard Street NW, between 14th Street NW and 15th Street NW
- Meridian Place NW, 14th Street NW and 16th Street NW
- · Dumbarton Street NW, between 30th Street NW and 31st Street NW
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Garfield Road NW and Woodley Road NW
- Owen Place NE, between Montello Avenue NE and Trinidad Avenue NE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 3900, bound by Emerson Street NE, 11th Street NE, 12th Street NE and Gallatin Street NE
- Square 0949, bound by 9th Street SE, G Street SE, 10th Street SE and E Street SE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.