Work Between Sunday, April 20 and Saturday, May 4, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2019 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2019 season. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Georgia Avenue NW, between Ingraham Street NW and Longfellow Street NW
- Alabama Avenue SE, between Branch Avenue SE and 34th Street SE
- Southern Avenue SE, between Pennsylvania Avenue SE and East Capitol Street
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- · 31st Street NW, between N Street NW and O Street NW
- Chesapeake Street NW, between Reno Road NW and 38th Street NW
- Buchanan Street NW, between 13th Street NW and Arkansas Avenue NW
- Kansas Avenue NW, between Quincy Street NW and Randolph Street NW
- Crittenden Street NE, between 8th Street NE and 10th Street NE
- Jackson Street NE, between 9th Street NE and 10th Street NE
- Lawrence Street NE, between 16th Street NE and 20th Street NE
- 8th Street SE, between C Street SE and Independence Avenue SE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 0066, bound by Massachusetts Avenue NW, 21st Street NW, R Street NW and Florida Avenue NW
- Square 0069, bound by Newport Place NW, 22nd Street NW, N Street NW, and 21st Street NW
- Square 4309, bound by Monroe Street NE, Clinton Street NE, Newton Street NE and Eastern Avenue NE