Work Between Sunday, April 13 and Saturday, April 27, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. The 2019 Paving Plan is now live on the PaveDC website and includes a new tab for sidewalks scheduled for repair, in the coming weeks DDOT will also post the markings plan for the 2019 season.For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Fulton Road NW and Idaho Avenue NW
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between River Road NW and Harrison Street NW
- Alabama Avenue SE, between Branch Avenue SE and 34th Street SE
- Southern Avenue SE, between Pennsylvania Avenue SE and East Capitol Street
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Dumbarton Street NW, between 30th Street NW and 31st Street NW
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Van Ness Street NW and Sedgwick Street NW
- Chesterfield Place NW, between Chesapeake Street NW and Dead End
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 0093, bound by Q Street NW, 21st Street NW, R Street NW and Connecticut Avenue NW
- Square 1753, bound by 41st Street NW, Ingomar Street NW, Reno Road NW and Jenifer Street NW
- Square 4060, bound by Penn Street NE, Owen Place NE, Montello Avenue NE and Trinidad Avenue NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.