Work Between Sunday, March 2 and Saturday, March 16, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Cleveland Avenue NW, between 29th Street NW and Garfield Street NW
- 31st Place NW, between Tennyson Street NW and Utah Avenue NW
- Longfellow Street NE, between North Capitol Street and Dead End
- Illinois Avenue NW, between Upshur Street NW and Taylor Street NW
- Interstate 295, between Malcolm X Avenue SE and Laboratory Road SE
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Meridian Place NW, between Center Street NW and 14th Street NW
- Ontario Road NW, between Ontario Place NW and Adams Mill Road NW
- · Massachusetts Avenue NW, between 1st Street NW and 2nd Street NW
- Decatur Street NW, between Georgia Avenue NW and 13th Street NW
- Decatur Street NW, between Illinois Avenue NW and 8th Street NW
- Hamilton Street NW, between North Capitol Street and 2nd Street NW
- 8th Street NW, between Kansas Avenue NW and Crittenden Street NW
- 16th Street NE, between South Dakota Avenue NE and Webster Street NE
- Owen Place NE, between Montello Avenue NE and Trinidad Avenue NE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 0271, bound by Florida Avenue NW, 13th Street NW, W Street NW, and 12th Place NW
- Square 0180, bound by 16th Street NW, P Street NW, 17th Street NW and Q Street NW
- Square 2737, bound by 14th Street NW, Floral Street NW, 16th Street NW and Geranium Street NW
- Square 0804, bound by 4th Street NE, M Street NE, 5th Street NE and Florida Avenue NE
- Square 0807, bound by 4th Street NE, K Street NE, 5th Street NE and I Street NE
- Square 0909, bound by West Virginia Avenue NE, 8th Street NE, K Street NE and 9th Street NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.