Work Between Saturday, January 5 and Saturday, January 19
Snow season is officially here! Under the leadership of Mayor Bowser, the DC Snow Team ensures the District is safe to navigate after a snow storm. For more information about the District's response to winter storms, residents can visit www.snow.dc.gov.
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Park Road NW, between Klingle Road NW and Piney Branch Road NW
- Howard Place NW, between 7th Street NW and Georgia Avenue NW
- T Street NW, between 14th Street NW and 15th Street NW
- Columbia Road NW, between 14th Street NW and 16th Street NW
- Albemarle Street NW, between 39th Street NW and Nebraska Avenue NW
- Tilden Street NW, between Reno Road NW and Sedgwick Street NW
- Garfield Street NW, between 44th Street NW and 45th Street NW
- 34th Street NW, between Fulton Street NW and Massachusetts Avenue NW
- Garfield Street NW, between 49th Street NW and Foxhall Road NW
- Reno Road NW, between Springfield Lane NW and Rodman Street NW
- 5th Street NE, between Constitution Avenue NE and A Street NE
- Interstate 295, between Malcolm X Avenue SE and Laboratory Road SE
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks:
- 7th Street NW, between E Street NW and D Street NW
- Webster Street NW, between 7th Street NW and 8th Street NW
- 16th Street NW, between Floral Street NW and Geranium Street NW
- 16th Street NW, between Iris Street NW and Juniper Street NW
- Delafield Place NW, between 15th Street NW and 13th Street NW
- Decatur Street NW, between 15th Street NW and 14th Street NW
- New York Avenue NE, between Fenwick Street NE and Kendall Street NE
- O Street SW, between 4th Street SW and Dead End
- N Street SW, between 4th Street SW and Dead End
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 0833, bound by H Street NE, 6th Street NE, G Street NE and 5th Street NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.