Work Between Saturday, December 29 and Saturday, January 12
Snow season is officially here! Under the leadership of Mayor Bowser, the DC Snow Team ensures the District is safe to navigate after a snow storm. For more information about the District's response to winter storms, residents can visit www.snow.dc.gov.
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Park Road NW, between Klingle Road NW and Piney Branch Road NW
- Howard Place NW, between 6th Street NW and Georgia Avenue NW
- 26th Street NW, between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and M Street NW
- Albemarle Street NW, between Reno Road NW and Nebraska Avenue NW
- 5th Street NE, between Constitution Avenue NE and A Street NE
- Interstate 295, between Malcolm X Avenue SE and Laboratory Road SE
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 0280, bound by 13th Street NW, N Street NW, 12th Street NW and O Street NW
- Square 0833, bound by H Street NE, 6th Street NE, G Street NE and 5th Street NE
- Square 5149, bound by Hayes Street NE, 48th Street NE, Jay Street NE and 49th Street NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.