Work Between Saturday, April 6 and Saturday, April 20, 2019
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Georgia Avenue NW, between Ingraham Street NW and Madison Road NW
- S Street NW, between 18th Street NW and New Hampshire Avenue NW
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Fulton Road NW and Idaho Avenue NW
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Albemarle Street NW and Appleton Street NW
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Veazey Terrace NW and Sedgwick Street NW
- · 16th Street NW, between Alaska Avenue NW and Eastern Avenue NW (Sod Installation)
Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
DDOT is improving alleys across the city. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking is restricted. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting. DDOT will be working in the following alleys this week:
- Square 4060, bound by Penn Street NE, Owen Place NE, Montello Avenue NE and Trinidad Avenue NE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.