FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Temporary Overnight Lane Closure on New York Avenue NE
(Washington D.C.) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will be implementing nighttime lane closures along New York Ave NE to facilitate the removal of an overhead sign structure east of Bladensburg Rd., NE. These closures will take effect between 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12 and 5:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 13, 2019, weather permitting.
This temporary overnight closure is scheduled to take place as follows:
- Temporary closure of the left and right lanes of New York Avenue NE, inbound, east of Bladensburg Road. NE.
- Temporary closure of the right lane for the dedicated turn lanes to southbound Bladensburg Road NE.
- Temporary closure of the left lane of New York Ave. NE, outbound, east of Bladensburg Road NE.
- There will be a 10-15 minute full closure of New York Ave. NE, inbound, to lower and remove the sign structure.
- Temporary signs will be in place to alert and guide the traveling public in this area. DDOT encourages all motorists to stay alert as they travel in this corridor.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment.
Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Visit the website at ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.