FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Washington DC) As part of a study to improve the operations along the I- 295/DC 295 interchanges, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will shift traffic patterns on the following locations along the I 295/DC 295 corridor beginning Thursday, March 9, from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, weather permitting. The work is expected to last approximately three weeks.
The work locations will rotate as indicated below:
- DC295 (Anacostia Freeway) Southbound and East Capitol Street SE
- Northbound / Southbound DC295 (Anacostia Freeway) and Benning Road NE
- Interstate 295 Northbound and Chesapeake Street SW
- Interstate 295 Southbound and ramp from South Capitol Street Southbound
- Eastbound Deane Avenue between Lee Street NE and Minnesota Avenue NE
Flaggers and Variable Message Boards will be in place along the corridor to guide drivers around the work zone.
Drivers should expect moderate delays and are advised to stay alert to all traffic changes and construction personnel while traveling through this work zone.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment. Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and visit the website at www.ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.