FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Temporary Lane Closures for Guardrail Repair for the Week of December 9
(Washington, DC) - The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will temporarily close single lanes across the District to repair guardrails and impact attenuators.
On Monday, December 10, 2018 from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm, weather permitting:
- Eastbound Benning Road ramp to Northbound Kenilworth Avenue, NE ---- right shoulder closure
On Monday, December 13, 2018 from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm, weather permitting:
- Southbound I-295 at before exit to Malcolm X Avenue, SE ---- left lane closure
- Southbound I-295 at before exit to Malcolm X Avenue, SE ---- right shoulder closure
- Northbound I-295 at overpass Chesapeake Street SW ---- right shoulder closure
- Northbound Kenilworth Avenue at Benning Road, NE ---- right lane closure
On Monday, December 14, 2018 from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm, weather permitting:
- Northbound South Capitol Street ramp to westbound Southwest Freeway, SE ---- right shoulder closure
- Eastbound Southeast Freeway ramp to northbound I-395, SW ---- left shoulder closure
- Northbound I-395 ramp to 14th Street, SW ---- right lane on ramp
Traffic controls will be in place to warn drivers approaching the areas. Motorists should anticipate moderate-to-heavy delays due to the lane closures. Drivers are advised to stay alert while traveling through these locations and to be observant of the inspection personnel.