FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The following traffic patterns will be re-established:
- The bridge will carry two lanes of westbound traffic and three lanes of eastbound traffic.
- 26th Street NW will carry two-way traffic – one lane northbound and one lane southbound.
- Pedestrian and bike traffic will have access to the sidewalk on the north side of the bridge. (The sidewalk on the south side will re-open at a later date.)
- The bus stop for WMATA westbound buses 30N, 30S, 31, 33, 38B, D5 and D51 will re-open on westbound Pennsylvania Avenue at 28th Street.
- The WMATA bus stop on westbound Pennsylvania Avenue at 26th Street will be re-opened.
- Parking on 26th Street will be restored. (Parking on Pennsylvania Avenue will be restored at a later date.)
The detour was put in place in May so repairs and replacement could be done to structural features, the center span deck, and the outer two spans. Repairs to the sidewalks and curbs, restoration to the masonry façade and upgrades to the existing street lighting were also done.
Temporary off-peak lane closures will still be implemented on an as-needed basis for the duration of the project in March 2018.
Drivers are urged to use caution and to be mindful of the changes.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment
Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and visit the website at www.ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.