DDOT's Weekly Construction Update: Work Between Sunday, July 22 and Saturday, August 4
DDOT will operate temporary bus lanes and enforce temporary parking restrictions to help mitigate traffic impacts during WMATA's planned closure of two Metro stations on the Red Line. The temporary bus lanes and parking restrictions will be in effect from July 21 until September 3.
Mayor Bowser is committed to eliminating all roadways, alleys, and sidewalks in poor condition in Washington, DC by 2024 through the PaveDC initiative. This publication lists all of the road, alley, and sidewalk paving projects that will be under construction during the next two weeks. For more information about these projects, please visit DDOT's interactive tool, PaveDC.
Please note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may be added to this list. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
Table of Contents
- Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
- Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
- Citywide Alley Restoration Projects
- Contact Information
As part of DDOT's commitment to improving and restoring local roadways, activities will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- U Street NW, between 14th Street NW and 17th Street NW
- S Street NW, between New Hampshire Avenue NW and 20th Street NW
- D Street NW, between 17th Street NW and 18th Street NW
- Intersection of 16th Street NW and L Street NW
- Intersection of 14th Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Decatur Place NW, between Massachusetts Avenue NW and Florida Avenue NW
- Cambridge Place NW, between 30th Street NW and Avon Place NW
- 26th Street NW, between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and M Street NW
- Davenport Street NW, between Nebraska Avenue NW and Connecticut Avenue NW
- Edmunds Street NW, between 39th Street NW and 41st Street NW
- Van Ness Street NW, between Connecticut Avenue NW and Dead End
- Quesada Street NW, between Western Avenue NW and 33rd Street NW
- 32nd Place NW, between Stephenson Place NW and Tennyson Street NW
- Madison Street NW, between 3rd Street NW and 4th Street NW
- Madison Street NW, between Kansas Avenue NW and North Capitol Street
- 16th Street NE, between New York Avenue NE and West Virginia Avenue NE
- 19th Street NE, between Bennett Place NE and H Street NE
- 19th Street NE, between Maryland Avenue NE and I Street NE
- Kearny Street NE, between 17th Street and 18th Street NE
- Perry Place NE, between 10th Street NE and Dead End
- South Dakota Avenue NE, between 13th Place NE and Rhode Island Avenue NE
- Meigs Place NE, between 16th Street NE and Bladensburg Road NE
- Intersection of Independence Avenue SE and 13th Street SE
- 5th Street NW, between M Street NW and O Street NW
- Constitution Avenue NE, between 20th Street NE and 21st Street NE
- G Street NE, between 14th Street NE and 15th Street NE
- L Street SW, between Delaware Avenue SW and 3rd Street SW
- 45th Street NE, between Benning Road NE and Brooks Street NE
- 48th Place NE, between Fitch Place NE and Foote Street NE
- 55th Street NE, between James Place NE and Eastern Avenue NE
- Erie Street SE, between 29th Street SE and 30th Street SE
- S Street SE, between 29th Street SE and 30th Street SE
- Interstate 295, between Malcolm X Avenue SE and Laboratory Road SE
As part of DDOT's commitment to the improvement and restoration of local sidewalks, construction activities will occur at the following locations throughout the next two weeks.
- Nicholson Street NE, between Riggs Road NE and 8th Street NE
- South Carolina Avenue SE, between 13th Street NE and Kentucky Avenue NE
DDOT will improve alleys at the following locations. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking will not be available. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting.
- Square 3211, bound by Hamilton Street NW, 5th Street NW, Gallatin Street NW and 7th Street NW
- Square 2933, bound by Kennedy Street NW, 13th Street NW, Longfellow Street NW and Georgia Avenue NW
- Square 5394, bound by F St SE, Hilltop Terrace SE, E Street SE and Alabama Avenue SE
- Square 5395, bound by Texas Avenue SE and E Street SE
- Square 5382, bound by Ridge Road SE, Alabama Avenue SE, Hillside Road SE and Chaplin Street SE
- Square 5543, bound by Nash Street SE, Branch Avenue SE, O Street SE and 30th Street SE
If you live near any of the project areas, please remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do the same.
For media inquiries, please call (202) 671-5124. For constituent inquiries, please call (202) 671-2700 or click here to find contact information for DDOT's community engagement specialists.