This notice lists the alley, sidewalk and road paving projects the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) currently plans to work on in the next two weeks.
Please Note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. During extreme cold and winter weather, construction activities will likely be canceled or delayed. Additional projects may be added to this list as well. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work zones before work begins. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
If you reside in or near any of the project areas, please be sure to remove your vehicles by the posted times, and encourage your neighbors to do likewise.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improve and restore local roadways, work will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Western Avenue NW and River Road NW;
- 45th Street NW, between Massachusetts Avenue NW and Van Ness Street NW;
- Palisade Lane NW, between Loughboro Road NW and Dead End;
- 18th Place SE, between Alabama Avenue SE and Savannah Place SE;
- Manning Place NW, between Palisade Lane NW and Maud Street NW;
- Sedgwick Street NW, between 45th Street NW and 44th Street NW;
- Rhode Island Avenue NE, between South Dakota Avenue NE and Eastern Avenue NE.
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improve and restore local sidewalks, work will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Suitland Road SE, between Alabama Avenue SE and Southern Avenue SE;
- Oates Street NE, between Trinidad Avenue NE and Montello Avenue NE;
- 16th Street NW, between I Street NW and H Street NW;
- T Street NW, between 38th Street NW and 39th Street NW;
- 9th Street NE, between Constitution Avenue NE and C Street NE;
- Upton Street NW, between 48th Street NW and 49th Street NW; and
- Cathedral Avenue NW, between Massachusetts Avenue NW and 39th Street NW (Flexi-Pave)
Alley Improvement Projects
DDOT will conduct alley improvement at the following locations. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking will not be available. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting.
- Square 0810 bound by G Street NE, 4th Street NE, F Street NE and 5th Street NE.
Pavement markings indicate which part of the road to use, provide information about conditions ahead, and, overall, are a vital part of communicating the traffic movement. DDOT’s striping season has now officially ended due to a drop in the temperature. Optimal striping weather is warm and sunny (45 degrees and above with low humidity). Cooler temperatures prevent successful paint application. During colder weather, DDOT installs temporary roadway marking tape, as needed. The 2018 striping season will begin March 2018, weather permitting.
Please follow @DDOTDC on Twitter to see regular updates and notices. For a more detailed look at DDOT’s Paving Plan click here, and visit DDOT’s blog, d.delivers. For more information about DDOT's alley improvements, click here. For constituent inquiries, please call (202) 671-2700. For media inquiries, please call (202) 671-5124.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment. Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and visit the website at www.ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.