This notice lists the alley, sidewalk and road paving projects the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) currently plans to work on in the next two weeks.
Please Note: Work may be adjusted depending on weather and other conditions. Additional projects may also be added. DDOT contacts residents and businesses within the work area before work commences. Unless otherwise noted, work is not conducted on weekends.
If you reside in or near any of the project areas, please be sure to remove your vehicles by the posted time, and encourage your neighbors to do likewise.
Road Paving Projects
19th Street NW Pavement Restoration Project
Monday, December 11, through Friday, December 15
DDOT will restore sidewalks, driveways, curbs, gutters and ADA ramps on 19th Street NW between L Street NW and M Street NW and G Street NW and H Street NW from Monday, December 11, to Friday, December 15.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improve and restore local roadways, work will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Macomb Street NW and Calvert Street NW;
- Wisconsin Avenue NW, between Western Avenue NW and River Road NW;
- Albemarle Street NW, between Connecticut Avenue NW and Reno Road NW;
- 45th Street NW, between Windom Place NW and Yuma Street NW; and
- North Capitol Street NW, between Florida Avenue NW and New York Avenue NW.
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT's commitment to improve and restore local sidewalks, work will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks, weather permitting:
- Livingston Road SE, between 3rd Street SE and Atlantic Street SE;
- 6th Street SE, between Mississippi Avenue SE and Savannah Street SE;
- 6th Street SE, between Brandywine Street SE and Chesapeake Street SE;
- North Portal Drive NW, between East Beach Drive NW and 16th Street NW;
- 4th Street SE, between Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE and Trenton St SE;
- Orange Street SE, between 4th Street SE and 5th Street SE;
- Denver Street SE, between Naylor Road SE and 30th Street SE;
- 1332 W Street NE (Flexi-Pave); and
- 2420 2nd Street NE (Flexi-Pave).
Alley Improvement Projects
DDOT will conduct alley improvement at the following locations. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking will not be available. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks, weather permitting.
- Square 1867 bound by McKinley Street NW, Connecticut Avenue NW, Morrison Street NW and Chevy Chase Parkway NW; and
- Square 2700 bound by Allison Street NW, 14th Street NW, Webster Street NW and 15th Street NW.
Please follow @DDOTDC on Twitter to see regular updates and notices. For a more detailed look at DDOT’s Paving Plan click here, and visit DDOT’s blog, d.delivers. For more information about DDOT's alley improvements, click here. For constituent inquiries, please call (202) 671-2700. For media inquiries, please contact Terry Owens at (202) 763-8635, [email protected] or Maura Danehey — (202) 306-1668, [email protected]
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment.
Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and visit the website at www.ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.