Washington, DC - The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is delighted to announce the return of “The ABC’s of Family Biking.” This free event, now in its third year, celebrates the joy of biking with children and introduces local parents to the tools, skills and equipment that can help them start biking with their kids.
What: The ABC’s of Family Biking
Where: Capitol Hill Montessori School at Logan
215 G Street NE
When: Saturday, May 3, 2014
11 am – 2 pm
The event will feature:
- A Show & Tell to talk to area parents who bike with children of all ages.
- Bicycles and equipment available at local bike shops to help parents bike safely with their children.
- Free Youth Bike course with WABA instructors to teach basic riding skills to children.
- Parents & Kids Riding class to help parents bike alongside their kids, either alone or in a “bike train” group. This is a perfect opportunity for families to practice their bicycling skills in advance of National Bike to School Day which will be May 7, 2014.
- Balance bike races for our youngest riders.
- A cargo bike obstacle course where interested parents can test demonstration bikes and experienced family cyclists can pit their skills against one another in the East Coast’s first-ever “Fiets of Parenthood” competition.
- The opportunity for parents to “Swap or Sell” their gently used family biking equipment.
- Free bike repair clinics from The Bike House.