FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DDOT Guiderail Repair Schedule for the Week of March 5
(Washington, DC) - The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will temporarily close single lanes on the following roadways to repair guiderails and impact attenuators next week.
DDOT will close single lanes on Monday, March 4, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., weather permitting:
- Westbound Southeast Boulevard at 11th Street, SE ---- Right lane
- Ramp from Malcolm X Avenue to northbound I-295, SE ---- Ramp narrow
DDOT will close single lanes on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., weather permitting:
- Westbound Suitland Parkway, west of Stanton Road, SE ---- Left lane
- Northbound Anacostia Freeway, north of 11th Street, SE ---- Left lane
DDOT will close single lanes on Wednesday, March 5, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., weather permitting:
- Southbound Kenilworth Avenue, Service Rd to westbound Benning Rd, NE ---- Left lane
- Northbound Kenilworth Avenue at ramp to Minnesota Ave, NE ---- Ramp narrow and right shoulder
Traffic controls will be in place to warn drivers approaching the areas. Motorists should anticipate moderate-to-heavy delays due to the lane closures. Drivers are advised to stay alert while traveling through these locations and to be observant of the inspection personnel.
The mission of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is to enhance the quality of life for District residents and visitors by ensuring that people, goods, and information move efficiently and safely with minimal adverse impact on residents and the environment.
Follow us on Twitter for transportation-related updates and more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Visit the website at ddot.dc.gov. Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.