Potholepalooza is the District's spring season campaign to aggressively repair and expedite damaged roadways across the city.
The first-ever Potholepalooza was held 2009 and since then, DDOT crews filled more than 331,000 potholes since Fiscal Year 2010. In 2016, DDOT, the agency that repairs potholes, received more than 2,017 service requests for pothole repairs during the month-long Potholepalooza spring campaign and filled 16,760 potholes.
Throughout spring DDOT expedites the repair of potholes for the District and work to repair identified potholes within 48 hours of the request (normal response time is within 72 hours).
Residents and commuters are encouraged to call, go online, tweet, or e-mail to submit requests for pothole repairs (see details below).
Residents can also Track Pothole Repairs.
Check out the Story Map for Potholepalooza 2016.
How to Report a Pothole
Residents and Commuters can notify DDOT in a variety of ways:
- Call the Mayor's Call Center at 311,
- Use the Online Service Request Center at 311.dc.gov,
- Visit DDOT's service request website http://ddot.dc.gov/potholes
- Tweet to twitter.com/DDOTDC, Use the hashtag #potholepalooza
- Email to Potholepalooza 2017.
- Use the District's DC311 smartphone application.
- Visit, like and post a comment on Potholepalooza on Facebook.com.
To expedite pothole repairs in the District.
|Fiscal Year||# Service Requests*||# Potholes Filled|
* Service Requests are tracked through 311
Program at a Glance
Program Title: Potholepalooza
Agency: District Department of Transportation
Office: Transportation Operations Administration (TOA)
Type: Planning and Strategy
Start Date: April 3, 2017
Target End Date: April 28, 2017