DDOT is introducing its updated and improved 2015 Standard Drawings, a publication that defines engineering standards within the District of Columbia.
The revised standards incorporate regional engineering standard practices and industry innovations, and are intended to supersede and replace the 2009 Standard Drawings, for use by both public and private practitioners. Updates of the standard drawings include, but are not limited to the following:
- Updates of ADA sections
- Revisions of pavement repair details
- Modifications to structural details (concrete and steel)
- Updates of scupper details
- Alignment of standard drawings with Gold Book
- Addition of bike lane details
- Removal of drawings that existed in the jurisdictions in DCWater and the Department of Energy and the Environment
Based on previously obtained feedback, DDOT aims to periodically update the standard drawings to incorporate practitioner comments and industry innovations.
Please contact the following with any comments or recommendations: M. Adil Rizvi, P.E. at [email protected].
Standard Drawings - 2015