New Emergency and Proposed rulemaking governing the Dockless Vehicle Permit Program
The primary impact of this rulemaking is to allow dockless fleet increases based on specific performance metrics. The rulemaking also addresses criteria for deferral or waiver of permit fees, and definitively states the level of confidentiality with which DDOT will treat required data submissions. As an emergency rulemaking, it went into effect June 11, 2020 and will remain in effect for 120 days (until October 9, 2020) and was published in the DC Register as a proposed rulemaking on June 19, 2020. Written comments may be filed until 30 days with Dan Emerine, Manager, Policy and Legislative Affairs Division, Office of the Director, District Department of Transportation, 55 M Street, S.E., 7th Floor, Washington D.C. 20003. An interested person may also send comments electronically to [email protected].
- New Emergency and Proposed Rulemaking governing the Dockless Vehicle Permit Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to request fleet increases for operators
Applications for the District’s bike and scooter share programs are currently closed. For further information regarding these programs and to sign-up for the dockless mobility mailing list, please email [email protected].
Below are the current permitted dockless mobility operators and their fleet caps for the remainder of calendar year 2020.
|Company||Number of Vehicles|
2020 Permit Application
The permit application period is currently closed.
- Scooter Terms and Conditions
- Bike Terms and Conditions
- Addendum to the Terms and Conditions
- See the Dockless Data and Application Programming Interface.
- See the goDCgo Frequently Asked Questions on Dockless Vehicles
- See the Virginia Tech D.C. Dockless Bikeshare: A First Look