The District Department of Transportation (DDOT)’s bikesharing program, in partnership with Arlington County, the City of Alexandria, Montgomery County, Fairfax County, and Prince George's County is called Capital Bikeshare.
Join Capital Bikeshare for 24 hours, 3 days, 30 days, a year, or for a single trip and have access to our fleet of bikes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The first 30 minutes of each trip are free. Each additional 30 minutes incurs an additional fee. Since its launch in September 2010, riders have taken over 23 million trips. If you’re riding for the first time, download the mobile app and enjoy one free ride under 30 minutes!
The stations are solar powered and use wireless technology to allow for easy installation and adjustments. Help Capital Bikeshare grow by suggesting station locations online.
Bikeshare Development Plans
To inquire about proposed DC Bikeshare locations, please email ddot.bikesha[email protected]
- Capital Bikesharing - Locations - Map - 2011
- Capital Bikesharing - Votes for Proposed Locations - 2011
- Capital Bikesharing - Presentation for Expansion 2011
- Capital Bikesharing - Expansion - Map - April 2011
- Capital Bikesharing - Fact Sheet - 2010
- Capital Bikesharing - Planning Analysis - Map - July 2010
- Capital Bikesharing - Crowd Sourcing - Map - July 2011