WASHINGTON, DC - The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation would like to inform the public of street closures in conjunction with the DC Emancipation Day Parade and Festival scheduled for Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
The following streets will be closed from 4:00 am to 11:00 pm
- E Street, NW from 14th to 13th Streets, NW
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW from 14th to 12th Streets, NW
- 13th Street, NW from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
The following streets will be closed from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 9th Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 7th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue to Independence Avenue, SW
The following streets will be closed from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Pennsylvania Avenue from 12th Street to 3rd Street, NW
- All streets crossing Pennsylvania Avenue from 12th to 4th Street will be closed between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
These street closings are subject to change without notice based upon unanticipated events and prevailing conditions.
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes, if possible.
The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation remind motorists to pay full attention when operating a motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events.