Your #1 resource for transportation information & options to make getting into and around the District easier than ever.
On Your Street
- Bicycles and Pedestrians
- Carsharing Initiative
- Mass Transit in DC
- Bus Shelter Program
- DC Circulator
- DC Streetcar
- Historic Photographs
- Mayor's DC Streetcar Finance and Governance Taskforce
- K Street Reconstruction and Revitalization
- Metrobus Express Service
- The District of Columbia Alternative Analysis (DCAA)
- School Transit Subsidy Program
- Transportation for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities Program
- Tri-state Oversight Committee (TOC)
- WMATA Governance Reform
- Union Station Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC)
- Public Space Management
- Safety Programs
- Traffic Management Programs
- Urban Forestry
- DDOT Interactive Maps
District Department of Transportation
Monday to Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm
Connect With Us
55 M Street, SE, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20003
Phone: (202) 673-6813
Fax: (202) 671-0650
TTY: (202) 673-6813
DC Streetcar Historic Photographs
Photographs from over 50 years ago, when streetcars last operated in the District.
DC Streetcar will facilitate travel for District residents, workers and visitors by complementing existing transit options, and by creating neighborhood connections where they currently do not exist.
DC Visitor Parking Pass Program
The VPP program is designed to allow guests of District residents to park for more than two hours on RPP zoned blocks. The current passes expire December 31, 2014.
DC Transportation Online Permitting System
This online system enables home owners, tenants, and businesses alike to apply for the specific type of public space occupancy, construction, excavation, annual or rental permit required for use of the public space within the District of Columbia.