Your #1 resource for transportation information & options to make getting into and around the District easier than ever.
Mind - Body - Leaf
The Urban Forestry Administration is undertaking a concerted effort to help you understand these impacts - from the psychological to the communal - and how to maximize their potential in your own life.
The following are a few of the more notable findings:
- Girls with a home view of nature score higher on tests of concentration and self-discipline
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) symptoms in children are relieved after spending time in nature - the greener the setting, the more the relief
- Trees ease poverty burden in inner cities
- In an inner city neighborhood, the green the residence, the lower the crime
- Aggression and violence are reduced with nature nearby
- Usable green spaces entice neighbors outdoors on a regular basis, where they build ties to one another
To shed light on the many ways trees can benefit us psychologically.
Program at a Glance
Program Title: Mind, Body, Leaf: The Psychological Benefits of an Urban Forest
Agency: District Department of Transportation
Office: Urban Forestry Administration (UFA)
Type: Outreach and Education
Location: 2000 14th Street, NW, 5th Floor Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-5133