(WASHINGTON, DC) – The PEPCO power outage that began affecting parts of Northeast Washington late yesterday afternoon has impacted several District government facilities, including the central office of the DC Public Schools (DCPS).
Employees at the affected agencies are being notified of the closures. Some will not report to work; others will work from home or from remote locations.
DC government officials are in constant contact with representatives of PEPCO, which has been working around the clock to restore power at each location and to determine the source of the problem. Affected locations and agencies are:
• 899 North Capitol Street NE: Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Department of Health Care
Finance, Department of Health
• 810 First Street NE: Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
• 801 North Capitol Street NE: Community College of the District of Columbia
• 1133 North Capitol Street NE: DC Housing Authority
• 1200 & 1300 First Street NE: District Department of the Environment, DC Public Schools (DCPS central
office functions have been moved to remote locations including Eastern High School and employees’ homes)
• 33 N Street NE: Department of Human Services
• 35 K Street NE: Mental Health Clinic
For additional information about affected facilities and services, call the Mayor’s Command Center at (202) 727-6161.