(Washington, DC) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and the U.S. Park Police have provided the following information about temporary road closures for events scheduled over the Memorial Day weekend.
United House of Prayer for All People Memorial Day Parade
This event is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 29, from 10 am to approximately 3 pm. There will be temporary road closures along the route:
- The parade route begins at 601 M Street;
- North on 6th Street, NW to S Street;
- West on S Street to 13th Street, NW;
- South on 13th Street, NW to Logan Circle;
- East on P Street to 7th Street, NW;
- South on 7th Street to M Street, NW;
- East on M Street to end at the House of Prayer.
Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Ride
This event on Sunday, May 30 will start at the Pentagon and is scheduled to enter the District of Columbia at approximately 11 am.
The motorcycle ride will form in the Pentagon North Parking Lot and will proceed
across the Memorial Bridge to 23rd Street, north on 23rd Street to Constitution Ave, east on Constitution Avenue to Pennsylvania Avenue, east on Pennsylvania Avenue to 3rd St, south on 3rd Street to Independence Avenue, west on Independence Avenue to West Basin Drive, southwest on West Basin Drive to Ohio Drive, northwest on Ohio Drive to Franklin D. Roosevelt Park.
The following streets along the route will be closed to traffic beginning at approximately 11 am on the day of this event until its completion at approximately 4 pm:
- Memorial Bridge, to include Memorial Avenue from Route 110 to Arlington Memorial Circle
- Ohio Drive from Independence Ave. to Virginia Ave.
- Ohio Drive, Riverside, from the inlet Bridge to Independence Ave.
- Independence Ave. from 1st Street, SW to 23rd Street, SW
- Constitution Ave. from Pennsylvania Ave., NW to 23rd Street.
- 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 17th and 23rd Streets between Independence Ave. and Constitution Ave., to include one block north of Constitution and one block south of Independence Ave.
- Henry Bacon and Daniel French Drives
Memorial Day Parade
This event will take place on Monday, May 31, 2010, along Constitution Avenue, NW. The parade is scheduled to begin at 2 pm and end at approximately 5 pm. Streets along the parade route will be closed until the conclusion of this event.
The parade will begin at 7th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW, and proceed along Constitution Avenue before ending at 18th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW. At that point, the parade will proceed northbound along Virginia Avenue, NW, into the dispersal area.
Constitution Avenue and the cross streets along the parade route will be closed to traffic beginning at approximately 1:15 pm until the event is over.
In addition, 7th Street, NW between Constitution Avenue and Independence Avenue will be closed to traffic beginning at 5 am on the day of the event.
There will be no parking on the day of the event along the parade route on Constitution Avenue, NW, between 7th and 23rd Streets. There will also be no parking on Virginia Avenue, NW between Constitution Avenue and 23rd Street, NW. These restrictions will be in effect beginning at approximately 6 am until 5 pm.