Story at a Glance
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT), is seeking a contractor to perform asset management services to maintain and preserve parking meter assets within the District of Columbia.
- Invitation No.: DCKA-2012-R-0018
- The Government of the District of Columbia, Office of Contracting and Procurement, on behalf of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), is seeking a contractor to perform asset management services to maintain and preserve parking meter assets within the District of Columbia. In awarding the District seeks a firm capable of both upgrading the District’s assets, maintaining and operating the parking meter system and applying new and innovative techniques to improve the system.
The contractor shall provide all the management, supervision, labor, equipment, materials, tools, supplies, transportation and incidentals that are required to maintain and operate several different types of parking meter assets. The District is looking for contractors who have a strong understanding of the effort required to perform this work. It should be noted that this will be a fixed price performance based contract. The parking meter system is a critical part of the District’s functions and only firms with proven experience will be acceptable to the District.
- The following list is a summary of the services that the contractor shall provide:
- Program management
- Service request response
- Physical payment collection
- Coin counting and physical deposits
- Electronic payment processing
- Maintenance, rehabilitation and repair service
- The evaluation criteria for selection are listed below:
- Technical Approach (40 points)
- Staffing/Management/Quality Control/Quality Assurance/Past Performance (30 points)
- Price (30 points)
Total = 100 Points Maximum
- A panel of DDOT staff will conduct evaluations and make recommendation to the Contracting Officer in accordance with Title 27 DCMR Chapter 16.
- DDOT anticipates award of a five (5) year multi-year performance based contract to a single contractor with payment based upon firm fixed prices and firm fixed unit prices.
- The complete solicitation and proposal documents are available at the OCP Bid Room (Reeves Center) 2000 14th Street, NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20009. A Non-Refundable Fee of $50.00 payable to the DC Treasurer by company check or money order only is required to obtain the documents.
- A Certified Business Enterprise (CBE) subcontracting goal of 35% for firms certified as LSDBEs in accordance with DC Law 16-33 has been set on this contract.
- TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED. During the performance of the Contract, the Contractor and any of its subcontractors shall comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. This Act provides that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, or be denied the benefits of or be subject to discrimination in federally funded program and activities. See 42 U.S.C. §2000d et seq.
- The request for proposals must be received by 2:00 pm on December 28, 2011, 2011 at the following address:
Office of Contracting and Procurement Bid Room
2000 14th Street, NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20009
- For technical questions contact, Mr. Soumya Dey, Program Manager on (202) 671-2832. The Contracting Officer for this procurement is Mr. Jerry M. Carter. He may be contacted at (202) 671-2270.