Story at a Glance
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host a public meeting for the New Jersey Avenue, NW Project.
(Washington, DC) – On Wednesday, December 5, 2012, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host a public meeting for the New Jersey Avenue, NW Project. This project will address existing safety and traffic operations deficiencies on New Jersey Avenue NW between H Street and N Street NW. Representatives from DDOT will meet with the public to provide project details and to answer stakeholder questions and concerns.
The New Jersey Avenue NW Project will enhance New Jersey Avenue with the following features and elements:
- The intersections of New Jersey Avenue, New York Avenue and M Street, and the intersection of New Jersey Avenue, 2nd Street and I Street will be widened to support two way travel.
- All lighting within the corridor will be upgraded to the new LED lighting standard.
- All traffic signals in the corridor will be reconstructed to include new countdown pedestrian signals and Accessible Pedestrian Signals.
- All pedestrian ramps in the corridor will be upgraded to meet current ADA standard.
- All sidewalks in the corridor will be updated to meet current ADA standard.
- All curbing in the corridor will be upgraded to the Washington, DC granite curb standard.
- All drainage needs in the corridor will be evaluated and facilities upgraded as necessary.
- All landscaping in the corridor will be updated and beautified.
Questions about this meeting may be directed to Mr. Abdullahi Mohamed at (202) 671-4614 or Abdullahi.Mohamed@dc.gov.
||Public Meeting for the New Jersey Avenue, NW Project
||Wednesday, December 5, 2012
6 pm – 8 pm
||Bible Way Temple
1100 New Jersey Avenue, NW
||Metrobus Lines: 96, P6
DDOT is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, its projects, programs, and services on the basis of race, color, national origin, or gender, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or on the basis of disability as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
If you need special accommodations or language assistance services (translation or interpretation), please contact Mr. Abdullahi Mohamed at Abdullahi.Mohamed@dc.gov no later than 48 hours in advance of the meeting. These services will be provided free of charge.